Level 4 Diploma in Computing
The ATHE Level 4 Diploma qualification that provides the core knowledge, understanding and skills to support learners planning to complete their education in computing. It is equivalent to the first year of a degree programme in computing in terms of size and level. Computing is a 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualification
- Advanced learner loans are available in the UK.
- Graded ‘Achieved’ or ‘Not achieved’.
- Designed with support from universities.
- Can be delivered in the classroom by distance or by blended learning..
Learners must complete all the below 10 mandatory units.
- Human Computer Interaction
- Management Information Systems
- IT and Society
- Computer Programming
- Computer Systems and Software
- Relational Database Systems
- Information Systems Theory and Practice
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E-Commerce Applications
- Software Engineering
- Age: 19 +
- A GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- Other related level 3 subjects
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- Other equivalent international qualifications
Learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor’s degree course in computing. Learners could also progress directly to employment.