Level 5 Diploma in Computing
The ATHE Level 5 Diploma qualification that provides the core knowledge, understanding and skills to support learners planning to complete their education in computing. It is equivalent to the first year of a degree programme in computing in terms of size and level. Computing is a 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualification.
- Advanced learner loans are available in the UK.
- Graded ‘Achieved’ or ‘Not achieved’.
- Designed with support from universities.
- Can be delivered in the classroom by distance or by blended learning..
Learners must complete all the below 10 mandatory units.
- Cyber Security
- Web-Based Development
- Innovative Technologies in Computing
- Software Development Methodologies
- Network Design
- Database Design and Development
- Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT
- Strategic Management Information Systems
- Managing a Computing Project
- Computing Research Methods
- Age: 19 +
- Prior study in computing or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification, for example, an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Computing
- Other equivalent international qualification.
- Time-constrained scenario-based assignments
- No examinations.
Learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor’s degree course in computing. Learners could also progress directly to employment.