Level 5 Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
The travel and tourism industry is expected to develop in the coming years. A job in this industry can be exciting and adventurous, and the payment a person would receive is fantastic. Travel and tourism is the fastest growing sector, due to an increase of international globalisation and business travel and these qualifications are in response to the enormous demand for management skills coupled with sector-specific knowledge.
The Level 5 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism has been provided for learners to develop a specialist knowledge in areas of Resort Management and Tour Operations to acquire the core competencies required for a manager in the Tourism industry.
The ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism is a 60-credit size qualification and is the equivalent level to the second year of a degree. Learners must complete the 3 mandatory units totalling 45 credits and a further 1 optional unit to make a total of 60 credits to achieve the diploma. Key areas explored include the context of the travel and tourism industry and its impact as well as the communication and the people management skills required of managers working in any sector.
This qualification requires the learner to obtain a minimum of 60 credits, achieved through the completion of 3 core units and an additional optional unit.
- The travel and tourism sector
- Communication skills
- People in organisations
- The management of visitor attractions
- Passenger transport operations
- Tourist Destinations
- Tour Operations Management
- Resort Management
- Finance and Funding in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Special Interest Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Applying promotional techniques
- Customer relationship management
- Age: 19 + Entry profile
- Prior study in tourism, management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification, for example, an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism
- Other equivalent international qualifications
- Time-constrained scenario-based assignment
- No examinations.
The progression opportunities after completing ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Travel and Tourism are;
- Level 6 Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- A degree program (can claim exemptions for units completed).
Level 5 Diploma is awarded by ATHE and delivered by School of Business London. SBL provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning and distance learning. Thus, the learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. The program is self-paced and accomplished through our cutting-edge Learning Management System. Learners are able to interact with tutors by messaging through the Learning Management System to discuss the course materials, provide guidance and assistance with the assignments.
Awards for Training and Higher Education provides centres with a wide variety of qualifications including, but not limited to; administration management, business, tourism, law, computing and health and social care. They have made a name for themselves with exceptional customer service, excellent quality standards and rewarding qualifications with progression routes to university degrees. ATHE are an Ofqual regulated awarding organisation providing QCF qualifications to over 200 centres around the world.
What is Included?
- A dedicated tutor for each student to give thorough help throughout the course with the help of our learning platform.
- Provide formative assessment by tutors to enhance learners' achievement. It ordinarily includes formative feedback.
- Course materials that incorporate organised and well-structured lecture notes, practical applications with real-world examples, and contextual analyses and the case study that test you to apply the individual’s in-depth knowledge.
- Assessment materials are open through our web-based learning platform.
- An inclusive e-library containing prescribed study materials and reference books for online reading.
- Supervision for all modules.
- Multiplatform accessibility is the main attraction of our learning platform. SBL also facilitates the option of sending the lecture notes to your electronic devices like laptops, mobile phones which enables the students to study when and where necessary.